This document will outline the steps needed to integrate Traceable with your existing JIRA boards. This will allow to forward events generated within Traceable as tickets within JIRA.
- Consumer Key (self-generated)
- Traceable Admin access
- JIRA Admin account
- JIRA login url
- Login into the Traceable UI and head to this page
- Click "Add Integration" in the top right and select Jira from the "Integration type" drop down
- Copy the "Jira Integration public key"
- Then in a separate tab login into Jira and head to Settings -> Products
- On the left hand side of the Products settings click on Application Links (under Integrations)
- Type in "https://app.traceable.ai" into the text field as shown then click "Create new link"
- In the popup select "Use this link" and click "Continue"
- Within the screen that follows give the application link a name, and check "create incoming link" then click continue
- Now give a value for "Consumer Key and Consumer Name" - can be anything you like, but be sure to save it as we'll need to provide it within the Traceable configuration screen.
- Paste the "Jira Integration public key" from step 3 into the "Public key" field within JIRA and click continue
- Now that we've created the link in JIRA, head back to the Traceable UI to finish the configuration.
- Fill out the details as outlined below:
- Click "Generate Secret Key" at the bottom and visit the link that's generated
- Select "Allow" and copy the verification code
- Paste the code into the "secret key" field and click save
Once you've completed all these steps you can begin forwarding events in Traceable to your JIRA project!